- May 30 2023
- 4:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Ruby Friedman Orchestra w/ Doug Stepina
Doors open at 5:30pm. All Ruins Tuesdays & Thursday shows are $3 cover if you arrive before 7pm, and $8 cover if you arrive after that. No early entry please! We aren’t ready for you until 5:30pm….
“Ruby Friedman can blow the house down…But listen closely and dig the nuance. She brings to it all something satisfyingly arcane, complex and so very intelligent. Her Orchestra counts among its players several of the finest honkers and thumpers in this or any town anywhere.”- LA WEEKLY, John Payne
“Modern vintage sounds that will make you laugh and cry and dance like there’s no tomorrow, Ruby Friedman is an electrifying performer and songwriter”
– KCRW, Gary Calamar”
Things to note for 2023:
1. This year there will be no re-entry once you have paid and entered the show. We will be creating a smoking-area that will be accessible without having to leave the property.
2. There is limited seating available, so if having a seat/table is important to you, we suggest arriving when the doors open at 5:30pm.
3. There will no longer be a Locals Thursday series. We’re changing Thursdays to just mirror what we do on Tuesdays, with touring, regional, and national bands. We will still have plenty of local talent gracing our stage this year in support roles.
4. We still don’t allow dogs! Dogs are great, but it would be dog madness if we let them attend shows. We’d also really prefer if you didn’t leave them unattended in your vehicle.
5. Outside alcohol is NOT ALLOWED! Violators will be 86’d and publicly shamed. We keep our costs absurdly low, so we see bringing in outside alcohol as an insult and amateurish behavior.
6. The parking lot does NOT belong to The Ruins. Yes, the actual owners of the parking lot expect you to pay to park. It’s usually about $4. It’s not our deal. We highly encourage people to walk, ride their bikes, or carpool. This year we will have a massively larger bike rack available as well.
7. Tail-gating is not allowed in the Mt Hood Railroad parking lot. They are implementing a “no open containers” policy for their entire lot. Please respect their wishes and help us to maintain a positive relationship with our community and neighbors.
8. We do rent out the Grotto Bar and/or the Indoor Bar during concerts, for birthdays, business receptions, etc. Email email@example.com for more information.
9. Ruins Tuesdays are May through August. Ruins Thursdays are June through August. For other non-Tues/Thurs concerts, please see our website at www.theruins.org/music-calendar