So that’s where I left my lighter


A man narrowly escaped death after a laundromat customer left a lighter inside a pant pocket, and tossed them into a tumble dryer.

A terrifying video, obtained by Yahoo News Australia, shows a man leaving the laundromat, located in the Spanish port city of A Coruna — seconds before the dryer suddenly stops and its door flies open and bursts into a ball of flames.

The force of the flames blew out the shopfront window and tore the sign off the building.

Cigarette lighters are usually filled with butane, which is a highly flammable gas that when damaged in the right conditions can cause a fire, Superintendent Adam Dewberry from NSW Fire and Rescue told the outlet.

“The message is to always check your pockets, not only for the tissues that turn your clothes into a white mess, but more importantly for the modern conveniences such as batteries and lighters,” he said. “[These] can do more harm than put fluff all over your clothes.”


Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in Oddities
Choose your Reaction!
Leave a Comment
Make A Donation
Global Social Gathering is a privately held and run platform providing a clean and diverse social platform for all walks of life. Rather than charge a monthly or annual subscription fee to help cover the cost of operations we rely on donations from our members to assist us in offsetting the cost of providing the service.

Global Social Gathering We would like to show you notifications for the latest news and updates.
Allow Notifications